Leaky ducts significantly affect the warmth and cooling of a home. Even the most energy-efficient heating and cooling systems cannot control the amount of comfort you experience in your living spaces if there are leaking ducts. The loss of cool and warm air to the wrong places inside, outside, or in the unconditioned spaces of a home is significantly reduced with Aeroseal duct sealing because our patented sealing technology seals the ducts airtight.
With Aeroseal, hard-to-heat or cool rooms will have even temperatures and will be more comfortable. Humidity levels are also easier to control after an Aeroseal.
Are Your Ducts Costing You Money?
Homeowners may not ever think about their air ducts. But the fact is, something that most of us never even think about could be costing us a lot more money than we realize. Whether a home is old or new, leaking ducts cost a homeowner money, not to mention the stress it causes an HVAC system.
- About 50% of the average home’s utility bill is spent on heating and air conditioning.
- On average, 30 cents of every $1 spent on heating and cooling a home disappears into thin air due to leaky ducts.
- 25% to 60% of heated and cooled air doesn’t make it to their intended rooms.
- Duct leakage in homes costs homeowners $25 billion a year in utility costs.
- Leaks pull mold, dust, and other pollutants into your home causing indoor air quality issues and having the potential to create harmful allergy problems.
- Leaks contribute to safety issues related to the backdraft of appliance fumes, auto exhaust, and radon gases being released into your home.